Broadloom Carpet Care
How to maintain your carpets
For spot cleaning, immediately remove as much of the spill as possible. To remove stains it is generally best to use general carpet
cleaning liquids designed specifically for spot cleaning. The recurrence of stains after spot cleaning is not uncommon for a concentrated spill, so repeat is necessary.
- Never rub or scrub the carpet as it may cause fuzzing or change the appearance of the carpet.
- Always work from the outside of the stain towards the middle to avoid further spreading.
- It is recommended to pre-test any cleaning agents on a small obscured area of your carpet to ensure they do not affect the appearance or colour of the carpet.
- It is most important to rinse the cleaned area thoroughly with water and blot dry after removing any spills. If the cleaned area is not sufficiently rinsed, a sticky detergent residue remains which attracts soiling.
- If stains fail to respond to treatments, contact a professional carpet cleaner immediately.
- Spills should be attended to as they occur – the older the stain, the more difficult it is often to remove.
Dry Stains – Gently remove as much of the substance as possible using a small soft hand brush or spatula to break up any crusted material and then vacuum thoroughly.
Wet Stains – Blot with absorbent white cloth or paper towel, or use spatula to remove excess, then blot. For larger spills, a portable extraction unit or wet/dry vacuum, or professional cleaning is best.